We provide outplacement services to both individuals and groups during and after redundancy. Our role is to help people through this difficult time, and to give them some practical advice and emotional support, enabling them to move forward positively in seeking to secure their next job.
Aims and Benefits of the Programme
Having completed the programme, we want candidates to feel better equipped to face the job market, despite the current circumstances. They should benefit from having increased confidence as well as a greater awareness of the tools, techniques, and resources available, including that of their own strengths and valuable experiences.
Examples of Programme Options
- Running Workshops (online via Zoom, or face-to face whilst adhering to current social distancing restrictions), followed by ongoing support to candidates by phone and/or email as required.
- Provide 1:1 support to individual candidates, which may commence with a face-to-face meeting or an online/telephone discussion, with further phone/email support/meetings being offered for either a fixed period or flexible amount of time.
- Surgery Style Support – candidates are provided with an hour-long triage style service perhaps as a one-off support, either by phone/Zoom or face-to-face.
All the above can be tailored to suit the client and/or individual need – and can be for a limited time or until the candidate finds work or ceases to need our help. Candidates are provided with a comprehensive set of supporting materials for use during and after the programme. Although fully bespokable, workshops / 1:1 support typically covers the following components:
- Practical advice on leaving
- Coping strategies
- Career directions
- Building a CV
- Your Achievements
- Searching for jobs
- Applying for roles
- Preparing for Interviews
- Our team all have a psychology background, and recognise the emotional support needed, and in the importance of giving people a chance to express their fears and concerns in a safe environment.
- We are typically all qualified behaviour assessors/psychologists and support both outplacement as well as the onboarding of employees, conducting assessment centres/interviews, personality assessments and psychometric testing for example.
- We have provided workshops and individual outplacement support to around 1,000 people over the last 15 years, and are now successfully running on-line workshops through Zoom, in response to the pandemic.
- We have worked with candidates at various job levels and stages of their careers, providing outplacement support to companies across many industries and size of business, the larger ones including Legal & General, City & Guilds and Futijsu.
- We have contacts within recruitment companies and Head-hunters, potentially linking people with possible work opportunities.
Please call Sue Colton, Director of SJC Consulting on 0780 3137820 or email: email@example.com